Thursday, February 05, 2009

Week 1

Hey Everyone!

This week is week 1 for lots of things.
1. Week 1 for the new TNT season. This season I am training a team for the TriMiami Triathlon.
2. Week 1 for my official IMFL training with Team Hendryx.
3. Week 1 for my new diet.
4. Week 1 for the Nth time trying to get in a steady routine with my Advocare products.
5. Week 1 for my new business builder plan.

How am I doing so far?

Well the TNT kick-off was great. I have 16 people on my team that span every level of experience from someone who has not exercised in a while to an Ironman. While I am nervous, I know this is going to be a great season. Our first practice was Monday night. It was a swim workout in the pouring rain. What a great start! Tuesday night we had our first group run. The participants completed either a 2 or 3 mile run and then we headed over to Fleet Feet for a clinic presented by the owners Stacey and Eric Bartos. This weekend is our first group ride. I am very excited.

How is my Ironman training going then you ask? Well I have been able to do two gym workouts and one short run of 3miles since Coach Bill sent my workouts to me on Sunday. UGH... I have to get my schedule better organized. Not exactly what Coach Bill had in mind. Coach Bill said I am in the prep phase which is to build a strong muscular base and make sure my shoulder is healed. I have not got into the pool yet. To be honest I am scared. I am afraid I won't be able to swim with my shoulder and that would just kill me. Yes, Coach Bill, I will get into the pool before Sunday. I promise.

Diets, ugh, we all hate them. However when you are training for an Ironman and you suddenly stop working out, your body kind of goes a little bit wacko. So yes I have gained weight. Wow that sucks seeing it in print. However it is the truth. I have gained weight. I know that starting a regular training routine will help but I want to jump start my metabolism and maybe get a few extra pounds off in the beginning. No fad diets for me. I am trying to make healthier choices, stop eating out so much (which by the way is a losing battle since I am never home) and finally take my Advocare supplements with more regularity.

Which leads me to my Advocare supplements. I seem to be on track on work days. Weekends or holidays however, I forget to take them when I am supposed to. So I have to try harder.

Off to Success School on Feb 20th. I know this will give me the motiovation and a huge push to work harder at building my business. I want to have a successful plan B!! You can view my microsite here: http://www.AdvoCare.com/0807148. I love the products and I know they are changing my life.

Hmm what else has been going on? Well Kelsie competed in the Oration finals at her school. While she did not make the top 3 and move on to the next level, she did make the top 6. Hopefully I can figure out how to post a link to the video so everyone can see the AWESOME speech she gave about Winter Vinecki. Kelsie is also testing for her Red Belt this weekend so I will try and post some pictures of that as well.

Hannah has been having a bit of a harder time since she returned to Florida from the Holiday break. I am not sure if she is upset over something that happened or upset because she has more rules here than in NC. We are working through this so if you can keep us in your prayers and send positive Karma, we can use all the help we can get.

Both kids want to race in the Kids Winter Duathlon in Clermont at Lake Louisa State Park next weekend on Valentine's Day. It is a 1/4 mile run 3 mile bike finished with a 1/4 mile run. Hopefully we can make it out there for this race. They got their new running shoes at the clinic on Tuesday night and are really excited to get the season started.

Well I guess that is it for today. I will blog again soon!

XOXOX,
Elizabeth

Quote for Today:
“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice. But for those who love, time is eternity."
Henry Van Dyke

1 comment:

Coach Bill said...

please tell Kelsie I am very proud of here and I am sure her speach was awesome and very motivational.

good luck on the red belt.