Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Having A Rough Week

Some days and not often, I have days where I just want to move to some Caribbean Island and drink rum for the rest of my life. This would be one of those days and I am on my second day of this mood in a row.

My kids are leaving for Spring Break on Thursday. They are going to their Dad's house. Normally I am sad when they leave but for some reason this time I am actually excited. Don't get me wrong, I will miss them but I really need a break. I am not sure why I am so frustrated right now but I sure want some alone time. One of my friends, Flemming, says I may have post event depression. I have never thought about that but he could be right. All of the excitement leading to the event is over. I have done my first Triathlon. Incidentally his blog is linked to mine if you are interested.

All of my friends are asking me what is the first thing I am going to do after the kids leave? I am honestly not sure. I cannot decide if I want to go take a nap, have a drink, do an extra long workout. Who knows....I definitely need some alone time. There is also the ING Georgia Marathon on Sunday. I am currently planning on running the Half there. Of course to add to the dilemma, it is also one of my close friend's birthdays. There is a HUGE weekend planned at the beach to celebrate. Of course there is no way to do it all so I have to make a decision. I know, I know - party at the beach. What is the dilemma? I love to run and it relaxes me. I love my friends and the beach will relax me. Of course I could just hide in my house alone - haven't been alone in months.....

Am I being selfish? Part of me really thinks so. During the part of the year when I am not actively coaching, I always feel like I need to be doing more for people who are less fortunate than me. I had joined Team in Training this season for the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego but I have been so busy I have not started fund raising. This means I either don't re commit or I need to give a personal donation of about $500.00 to continue forward. Not sure what I am going to do there either.

Oh well back to reality!

XOXOX
Elizabeth

No comments: