Friday, July 25, 2008

Missing My Training Partner

This weekend Missey is in San Diego. So for the second weekend in a row, I will be training alone. YUK. The reality is that Missey and I are two completely different athletes and that even when we train together, we are not really right beside each other. But there is something reassuring about knowing that she is out there with me on the trail. I know I am not alone and someone will come looking for me if I don't show back up at the car.

Last weekend, our schedules were completely opposite, she had a Lactate Threshold test and I had a long ride so we were not able to sync up. This weekend she is doing her training in beautiful San Diego while I am heading over to Lake Minneola in Clermont to train with the Central Florida Triathlon team. Now I realize that I won't be alone but I have only ridden with a couple of the CFT members once in the past and that time I was with Missey also. The only person I will know is Coach Hector, who is also Missey's coach and the one who invited me out to ride.

Invited, lol, that is an interesting description. I had actually emailed him to get the UCF route since I was planning on riding alone or with Karen and I needed directions. His response to my email was "Call Me!" So of course I called. Coach Hector said that I needed to plan on being at Lake Minneola in time for a 6:30 start. He did not even offer directions for the UCF ride. So tomorrow at 6:30 I will be at Lake Minneola. I am scared not to show up. Don't want to face the rath of Coach Hector. However I have heard a nasty rumor that we are riding Sugarloaf!



This is a picture from the bottom looking up! I AM TERRIFIED!!!!! I will post when I am done and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

XOXOX,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Trigirlorlando said...

I am humbled and honored that you included me in your blog this way. Although Coronado and San Diego were beautiful places to do a workout, I missed getting up and going to my familiar ride or run with my IronBuddy!!! You are one of the reasons I keep going!! Thanks for all you do :)
Missey