Wednesday, July 02, 2008

New Nickname

Well you guys know me I cannot ever be without a funny story.

So as everyone knows, I am new to this biking thing. So when I bought my bike, the wonderful people at Orange Cycle helped me to get all of the accessories and equipment that I would need. Along with a bike and helmet, a rider needs spare tubes, electrical tape, C02 cartridges, chain lube etc. Well being the excited newbie that I am, I try to bring everything I need with me every time I ride. I have a very large saddlebag with all of this equipment in it. Needless to say everyone laughs at me when I am riding. I am certainly not aerodynamic.

In one of my older posts I mentioned that one weekend I had trouble making a decision on whether to run the ING Georgia Marathon or head to New Smyrna beach for a friend's birthday. In the end, I went to the beach. Everyone was bringing their bikes to get a long ride in. So after I left work on Friday, I ran home and packed really quick. Then headed over to the beach.

Well in my frantic packing of course I left a few things out of my travel bag. I had forgotten toothpaste but I had packed chain lube. I had forgotten my toothbrush but I had packed chain lube. I had forgotten underwear but I had packed chain lube. This was quite the joke all weekend since I was so prepared to ride my bike but not for anything else.

Anyways to get back to the point of this blog, I went to Orange Cycle last Saturday to pay for my layaway. I had a new and better bike helmet on layaway. As Tjice was entering the amount in the computer, he started laughing. I could not figure out what was so funny until he handed me my receipt. Across the top of the receipt it says:

CREPEAU, BETH (CHAIN LUBE)

Lord help! I almost pee'ed my pants. Tjice said what the #@$# does Chain Lube mean? I explained the story and then everyone at the counter was laughing at me. I had no idea how Orange Cycle had heard the story and then put the nickname in the computer so I called Missey and left her a message.

Missey called me back later that night. Once I relayed the story to her, she was laughing so hard I thought she was going to pass out. Of course she had told the story to Darren at before he moved away. So I am sure as a lovely parting gift, Darren had given me a new nickname.

So IMFL look out!!! BETH "CHAIN LUBE" CREPEAU is on the way! LOL!

XOXOX
Elizabeth aka Chain Lube

No comments: