Tuesday, September 09, 2008

MRI RESULTS = NO IRONMAN FL 2008

Well folks, I just returned from the doctor's office. Would you like the good news or the bad news first? Personally I want to hear the bad news first and the good news second so I can focus on the good news. It is interesting to me that the title of my blog is "The Journey Has Just Begun." No truer words have been spoken to me lately.

Bad News: I have a nondisplaced fracture of my humerus bone (Translation: broken arm) and I won't be doing Ironman Florida with Missey this year.

Good News: I don't have to have surgery and this is nothing that time and some physical therapy can't heel. Also, I can be in Panama City cheering Missey on and supporting her on November 1st! This will also give me more time to design my custom Ironman tattoo.

How do I feel? Well of course I am not happy. Completing the Ironman is a life goal of mine. I am very disappointed and honestly a bit depressed. I know this is a relatively minor problem. I am not dying, I will get better and I can try again next year. I know all of these things and I believe them. I just need my five minutes to cry and get over it. My friend Missey says that everyone gets 24 hours after an upset to have a pity party for themselves. After 24hours, you have to shut up and move on. So my 24 hours started at 4pm today. I know after a good night's rest, I will feel better, I will be able to face this disappointment with a smile on my face and set my goals for moving forward.

I think this quote by Robert Kiyosaki sums everything up nicely:


I will move forward. I will complete the Ironman. It won't be on November 1st, 2008 but I will complete it. Ironman Florida 2009 watch out! Here I come......

XOXOX,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Trigirlorlando said...

My heart is broken..I am so sad. I wish the news were different but I am absolutely relieved that you do not require surgery. I promise to be your support crew in 2009!!!