Thursday, June 05, 2008

Back At It

Well last night I put the girls on a plane to go see their dad and his family for a few weeks. I have to say in the days leading up to their departure I was not sure I could survive another day as a single mom. But I made it! Thanks for all of the support! They boarded the plane alive and in one piece. Kelsie was super excited. Hannah said she was excited but seemed very subdued. I know there is a part of her that wants to stay here but she would never tell Kelsie that.

Time for me to hit the training schedule hard. For those of you that have been around me for the two and half weeks since the Ironman 70.3, you know that between the girls' schedule and my exhaustion from the race, my training has been a little lacking. I took the first week off after the race except for a 30 minute spin on my bike. The second week I ran twice and road my bike once for a grand total of 18 miles between the three workouts. Can you say SLACKER? I met with Coach Bill and Team Hendryx on Saturday. That was fun but I have to tell you there were times during the meeting that I wondered if I should just do the Miamiman 1/2 Iron distance race. HA HA

Coach Bill sent out my workout for this week on Sunday afternoon. Here it is:

**add your lunch run of 3-5 miles to any day you want
Monday 6/2 – bike – indoor trainer – 10 minutes warm up (60-70% effort), 2 minute hard, 2 easy, 4 min hard, 2 easy, 6 min hard, 3 easy, 6 hard, 6 easy, 4 hard, 2 easy, 2 hard, 2 easy, 10 min cool down – should be about 70 minutes

Tues – swim – 200 warm up, 5x300 with 1 minute rest after each 300, 200 cool down (1900 total) try to work on form and technique

Weds – bike – indoor trainer – 10 minute warm up, one leg pedaling – alternate legs every minute until you have done 5 reps – 30 minutes steady pedaling, repeat one legged again – 10 minute cool down – should be about 70 minutes

Thurs – swim – 100 warm up, 50 kick, 100 pull, 50 kick, 100 pull, 50 kick, 100 pull – rest 2 minutes – 800 straight swim – try to keep every 800 at the same pace, 100 cool down (1450 total)

Friday – rest day

Saturday – group run – 7:30a at Fleet Feet – 6 miles – steady

Sunday – 35 miles steady

So I should warn you guys he did preface the email letting me know that since this was going to be a crazy week for me with the girls, if I missed a workout or two not to stress. Well today is Thursday, Bill don't kill me but all I have done this week so far are the two bike workouts....And I think I am going to do and Ironman on Nov. 1st.

Tonight I am going to get in the pool for the first time since the open water swim at the 70.3. I actually am excited but at the same time I am nervous. I know I have not lost all of my ability to swim but I do feel a bit out of it. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Oh and one more thing! I want to thank everyone that has been emailing and posting comments on my blog about my 70.3 finish. I appreciate all of the support. However,

I AM NOT GOING TO PEE ON MY BIKE!

If I was in contention for an age group spot or a podium spot (ROFLMAO). I would definitely consider it. But since I am a MOP'er usually and at the 70.3 at least on the run leg, I was a BOP'er, I will stop and use the porta-potty.

To any of my fellow running/triathlon friends, if you are peeing on yourself during any portion of your events, PLEASE PLEASE don't tell me I don't want to know.

Happy Training!
Elizabeth

No comments: