Friday, April 25, 2008

Latest Updates

Hey everyone!

Sorry I have been so remiss in posting this week. It has been one of those weeks. The kids have had a crazy week, work has been busy and of course I am trying to train for the IMFL.

I did get some great training in. I swam 3100 yards on Tuesday night! WOW almost two miles. I have figured out that I don't really like swimming when I start swimming but after 10 minutes or so when I am warmed up, I love it. That is not to say I am fast or even a good swimmer for that matter but once I am going I can swim and swim and swim. LOL well maybe swim for a while but you get the point.

On Wednesday night I was going to to a run and a bike but Steve ended up inviting everyone over for dinner. Out the window went exercise. We had a great dinner. Steve grilled filet mignon, Karen made a fresh salad and we cracked open a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz. I love that wine. Two glasses later and I knew I was not going to be running or biking so I took the day as a rest day.

Thursday night I was supposed to do a 30 min run followed by an easy 1500 yard swim. I ran the thirty minutes on the treadmill at the Y and then quick changed for a jump in the pool. Of course my life being what it is, I was trying to help a friend with their swimming. Yes I know I am a newbie, but Karen had given me some drills which I was passing on. I finished my 1500 yards in 33 minutes but my friend still had quite a bit to go. Therefore I swam most of their workout as well with them to help them get it done. All in all I think I did somewhere between 2000 and 2500 yards. I quit counting after an hour in the pool. I made it home about 10:30 and crashed exhausted.

After work tonight, I am going to head to St Pete Beach. Karen, Missey, Rick and Ron as well as some other people I know are competing in the 25th annual St. Anthony's Triathlon on Sunday. And as this is the season opener for most professionals, the Ironman World Champion, Chris "Macca" McCormack will be there competing along with a host of other amazing pro's, Craig Alexander, Faris Al Sultan, Samantha McGlone. It is going to be one heck of an event to watch. I am so excited! I cannot wait to get on the road.

Tomorrow morning is an open water swim on the swim course which I am going to join in. Then at 9:30 the 5 time Ironman World Champ Dave Scott is giving a lecture. There is a huge expo with all kinds of vendors from Orbea, to Oakley to Her Sports to Timex. It is going to be awesome.

I am going to try and ride the bike course as well. Hopefully get in a few miles. Sunday will be spent running around from place to place trying to see all my friends on the race course. Next year this event is on my MUST DO - List!

Well I hope you all have a great weekend! I will post again after I have everyones' results.

Take Care!

XOXOX,
Elizabeth

No comments: