Friday, April 25, 2008

Ponder This!

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be." Socrates

WOW! I have a dear friend who thinks everyone is dishonest and pretending to be something they are not. I usually argue with him about it but I wonder if he is not closer to being right than I am willing to admit.

Everyone pretends. Pretending is actually encouraged when we are children to stimulate our imagination. When we grow up, can we tell the difference between what is real and what is not in our lives? Who in our lives is just trying to take something from us and who actually cares.

I think everyone has fantasies of where they would like their lives to be or who they would like to be. What happens when you take that fantasy too seriously and it becomes your reality? It is like walking on the edge of a razor. If you are not perfectly balanced, you will slice your foot open.

I told my dear friend a long time ago I was not like anyone else he would meet as I really and truly try to be honest and be real and just be who I am but sometimes I wonder if I am capable of doing that forever or if one day I will succumb to the pull to be like everyone else and lose myself. Or will I never find anyone that would appreciate me for who I am and not try to get something or take something from me.

I guess the reason all of this is coming to my mind is that when I get together with my friends or when I complete a race I wish I had someone to share it with. Someone that appreciated me for being different and loved to be part of my life. I am not sure what the grand plan for my life is but sometimes I would just like a clue.

For those of you who are in my inner circle, I hope you know how much you mean to me and how grateful I am to have you in my life. My life has been made richer knowing you. Thank you for being my friends actually you are my family! Thank you for being real!

Have a great weekend everyone!

XOXOX,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Trigirlorlando said...

To my dearest friend...Don't ever be anything less than yourself. We love you for who you are. You are a precious soul to me and your friendship means so much. Thank you so much for being there for me this weekend. You will never know how much it meant to hear your voice and see your face at each transition and at the finish!! You are a very dear person...thank you for all you do...Melissa